Friday, January 2, 2009
Christmas, New Years and 2009!!!
Christmas is always a wonderful time to spend with family and friends. I love hearing all the traditions that people have in place which do not contain material gifts. Some people chop a tree down every year, others make birthday cakes for Jesus, some volunteer at shelters.. Whatever gifts/ talents God gives people, it is often seen during the holiday season. I wish that as a community people would reach out more, not just during Christmas. I hope that as this year moves forward, we can all be mindful of the blessings in our lives and use them to help others. Christmas was a wonderful time to spend time with family members. I cherish the memories of Christmas. I especially enjoy the Disney Christmas Parade... Definately a tradition. One day, I aspire to be there :)
As 2009 has approached us, I have some thoughts that I would like to see happen during the year. Most people have New Years Resolutions that never stick, so I never set resolutions, nor goals because I am always achieving goals, I have things that I would like to see change this year...
1) I would like to have a kind-er spirit, one that is more gentle and patient towards others. I hope to extend grace more freely.
2) I aspire to lose a quite a bit of weight the old fashion way.. Diet and exercise.. Sometimes the road that is less traveled is the best way.. I would like to lose 40 pounds, but I am content with 20. I am seeing that this would improve my overall health and energy level.
3) I feel that this is the year for a marathon.
4) I hope that I continue to have financial blessings, so I am able to remain stable during a shaken economy and able to finish my Masters Degree in 2010.
5) Finally, I hope that myself, family and friends have a healthy 2009. I pray for health among everyone.
Posted by Sarah