I decided that I am not always the most gracious and thankful person in the world. Often, I do not show my gratitude towards people, things, ideas, ect. I was thinking today I would start a journal and write 5 things that I am thankful for daily. This journal would give me a new outlook on life and help me remember what is important.
I encourage you to go throughout your day and write 5 things that you are thankful for. I believe this exercise will deeply impact you and I if we hold to it for a year. I believe that it will have a profound effect on the way we look at life and the lens that we look through it.
My 5 things
1) I am thankful for the autumn leaves and the beautiful rays of oranges and reds colors its brings!(Even though I am not much of a fan of the cold)
2) I am thankful that I have a boyfriend, who is my best friend, who encourages me in all that I do and is a diligent financial provider, who loves uncondiontally.
3) I am thankful for sight. I am able to see brilliant colors everyday.
4) I am thankful for my car. Although it may sound materialistic, so many people do not have them and I am thankful I can drive to places, in order to have my needs met.
5) Finally, I am thankful for books. I love reading and cannot imagine a life where I did not spend time gaining knowledge.